![]() |
| Merrit climbed to the top of this pillow mountain and proclaimed, "I'm the King of England!!" |
Full disclosure: I faked all the previous blog entries because I didn't have Internet yet.
We are also waiting for a plumber. I noticed this morning a large wet area across the ceiling and down the wall of the small dining room--right underneath the upstairs bath. Called the landlord. A perk of renting, right?
Rain. And more rain.
The boys won't have their boxes of stuff for about four more weeks. That means that only the toys they traveled with on the plane are here. They're a bit bored, but I like to see them work through it and make up games and use their imaginations.
What started out as a plan to build a fort transmogrified (a little Calvin and Hobbes for ya) into Pillow Mountain. Imagine gleeful giggles as the boys slide down the sides and scramble heels over head to see who is first to reach the summit. Ollie can hold his own, let me tell you.
The next nine days call for rain. Pretty quickly, I bet, we'll do like the locals do and:
1. Dress for it.
2. Get out in it.
No one here stays in. I have watched them through the front window all day. Moms with infants in plastic-sheeted prams. Kids in rain slickers and Wellies. Old couples with umbrellas. Commuters walking quickly by, head down, all business.
I am keeping my eye out at the charity shops for size 10 rain boots for Ollie. Merrit already has a pair of rain boots (so cute, got them from L.L. Bean last Christmas, they have turtles on them)...but can we wait four weeks to get them?
On another note, look what popped up overnight in our back courtyard:


2 comments:
Crocus. Er, maybe croci, since there's more than one. From the Latin.
Yes crocus. You're right. I was thinking that, but wasn't 100% sure. And I think I have snowdrops or snowlilies or something like that in the front yard. Also a bulb, about 6 to 8 inches tall with little drooping white tooth-like buds and spiky leaves like garlic chives...? Know what that is?
Cleaned out the back courtyard yesterday, and discovered more pots of herbs. Oregano, two kinds of mint. Little green things coming up in both front and back gardens! Can't wait to see what surprises await. :-)
Post a Comment