Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Goodbyes Are Hard


 

I just read Gypsy Mama's post entitled A Quick Crash Course in Surviving Good-bye and it was such good timing, given the fact that we only said goodbye to our precious family and friends mere days ago. 

It's true. Goodbyes are hard. I definitely agree with Gypsy Mama that it's easier to say, "See you next week," instead of "See you next year." (Gotta love Skype.) When we left back in February for our big move to the UK, it was one tearful goodbye after another. I only cried twice this trip--when I watched Page walk to her car, knowing I'd miss the birth of her baby boy and when I happened to be at my friend Ann's house at bedtime and her kids wanted to me to tuck them in. TEARS! Ugh, I have a lump in my throat right now!

If you are new to Gypsy Mama, spend a few minutes on her site. She always has amazing insights and encouragement, that somehow always seems to be right on time.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Can't wait to check out GM's post. I am the worst at goodbyes;) Just thankful that we got to say goodbye twice 5 months -- not too shabby!!

Page said...

And now I'm crying into my iced coffee...

I guess we'll just have to get Jack used to Skype at a very young age :)

Barbara Pilcher said...

Gypsy Mama is one heck of a writer.

Re: goodbyes and tears. Gee, what I though was denial is really just the recommended way to stay "in the moment." Good to know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...