My niece Page is going to be having her baby sometime today! Her water broke last night and I got a midnight email from her that they were heading into the hospital. (With the time difference, it was 5:00am here and I had gotten up so I got her email, literally, just after she emailed it!) I've been waiting with excitement and anticipation all day. Praying, too, of course.
Page, her sweet hubby Andrew, and baby Jack have been on my mind and in my prayers so much over the last few weeks. I have been thinking about Page being the mom to a newborn baby boy.
Ah, boys. I love being the mom to my two active, energetic boys. It got me thinking, and I started noticing--and taking pictures of--what life with little boys is like.
None of these photos were set-up; I just documented some "vignettes," if you will, from our house these last couple of weeks. Page, this one's for you...Love You Tons!
 |
| Cowboy hats and PB&J smears. |
 |
| Hot Wheels and Thomas the Tank Engine in with the silverware. |
 |
| Emergency vehicles in my purse. |
 |
| Itty bitty Legos. Everywhere. This is a worldwide bane of parents' existence. |
 |
Action figures mixed in with the toothbrushes. Yeah, that storm trooper is
missing his head. |
 |
| The cold hard reality of living with three males. |
 |
| In the FRIDGE. Really? |
 |
| Stinky sneakers. Like, unbelievably stinky. |
 |
| If you think your food bill won't go up until they're teenagers, think again. |
 |
| Speaking of food, we just eat naked around here. Saves on laundry. |
1 comment:
Thank Heaven for little girls.
This post cracked me up.
Keep us updated on Page and Andrew and little Jack, you know, in case she's too occupied to update her own blog! Like from her hospital bed.
Post a Comment