Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Our Favorite Shops

Because dusk comes on so early now--as early as 3:30 in the afternoon--the streets are looking so homey and charming when the boys and I are walking home from school. All the shops are lit up and all the cars have their headlights on. I took some of these pictures this afternoon as we passed some of our favorite shops. All these shops are within a five-minute walk of our house. I'm going to miss our regular haunts...

We never did buy the rabbit or the pheasant.

Toy shop owned by my friend Jo.

One of the shops that's been open for business the longest in Whitley Bay.
Great chicken and sweet chili paninis. 

Where Ollie must stop and window-shop whenever we pass.

Where I like to go in and browse for gifts for friends.
This shop is so ridiculously overcrowded, that I had to do a 360-view of it to share with you. You can see why I prefer to come here WITHOUT the boys. :)



Where you can get yesterday's bread for just 69 pence.

Where the boys get sheared.

Merrit eventually could be trusted to ride his scooter
all by himself to the sweet shop. (We've learned that no
expression--except perhaps "trash can" instead of "rubbish bin"--
says you're not from around here as much as "candy store.")

The bike shop has had a lot of business from us:
tune-ups for Mike's bike, two kids' bikes,  and 2 scooters.

Yes, I did the garra rufa foot treatment. Ewww. Ewww. Ewww.
Not recommended, it was really gross and I can't believe I parted with £10
for THAT. (If you're not familiar with it: You put your feet in a fish
tank and the fish EAT the dead skin off your feet and toes!! I only did it because
I was desperate to make friends and some moms from Merrit's class invited me out.)


The Cottage Kitchen, just around the corner, where we eat
lunch most Sundays.

Back at our house, where the sign has just gone up in the yard that it's
back on the market for rent.





1 comment:

YorkieMom said...

I can't believe you did that foot treatment!!!! I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that one!!! There is not enough money in the world to get me to do that. I would gladly remain friendless!!!

(This coming from the woman who puts her entire arm, up to the shoulder, into the fish tank and spends an hour and a half cleaning it out. But hey, that's different!)

Love You All!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...