Friday, November 11, 2011

The Weekend's Here!

Merrit wanted to take his picture with his school's
Headteacher, Mr. Easton, as we walked out the
school gate today.
Even though it was cold today, Merrit
wanted to play at the park after school for a
few minutes. Besides, as they say in England, "There is
no bad weather, only inadequate clothing."

Just 15 minutes of running around gets all their wiggles out.

The boys are going to miss this park.

The trees are almost bare now. Hats and gloves and mid-weight jackets
are a must.

"I'm the king of the world."
Mike's last day of work is Monday, but he's going out with a bunch of folks from work tonight. The boys and I are on our own for the evening. I'm making a pot of soup and cheese toasties (grilled cheese sandwiches) for dinner. Merrit will probably play out with boys in the neighborhood until dinner's ready. It's getting dusk now at 3:30 and is fully dark by 4:45-5:00, so he can't play out as late as he did in the summer. 

We'll be working a little over the weekend, organizing and paring down what we plan to bring back to the states. I hope we'll also get into some fun stuff, too, though. Merrit's friend Jacob is having a birthday party on Saturday night. We'll go to church on Sunday morning. And Sunday night we're having a spaghetti dinner for the neighborhood "hoodlums," (now a term of endearment).

We just hand-delivered these quickie invites last night:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...