Thursday, March 17, 2011

Daffodils

I needed a pick-me-up today and three small bunches of still-closed daffodils for just 99 pence fit the bill.

Why the pick-me-up? I don't know. Three days of foggy weather plus Merrit cried when I dropped him off at school this morning plus Ollie pulled keys off my laptop keyboard plus I've been missing friends.

Not to worry, I'll be right as rain again soon no doubt. We've been in trip-planning mode around here and it has been a great perk to think about seeing family and friends soon. Looks like we'll back in the states in late July/early Aug. Jer and Kara will be coming out for two weeks in late Aug/early Sept. And (three? two? not sure yet) friends of mine are coming out in September. Lots to look forward to.

But for now, daffodils will have to do! Can't wait till they begin to open up.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

We miss you too be we are there in spirit. Hang in there.

Barbara Pilcher said...

We have daffodils here, too. So, you see, we're not that far apart. Talk to your tomorrow.

SalemSister said...

Those little heralds of spring will pick you right up and put you in gear again. We love you here in NC and remember you are only a prayer away.

Delores said...

Hi, Mir,
Don't despair, I lost one of my key covers and I can still use it. Today I planted pansies in several pots on the porch, one being one you gave me. I put out the blue and green pots that you had pulled up chives and some other plant for me and Kim. I had kept them close to the house so they wouldn't freeze. You painted the pots and I shall keep them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...