Interval 1: Jog down battery--walk down ramp--run up steps--jog back
Interval 2: Jog down battery--walk down ramp--sprint across sand--run up steps--jog back
Interval 3: Jog down battery--walk down ramp--sprint up ramp--jog back
By the third interval, I was sucking air! The whole workout took a little over an hour.
![]() |
| I found this picture online of the Cullercoats steps down to the beach . Running these steps was no joke. |
I was really blown away at the turnout at the track, when people met up at the start of the night. The group is huge. There are people at all levels. Marathoners to beginners.
My workout gear and cute exercise clothes are still being shipped. I did buy new running shoes last week, but of course that made me look like a total nube. I had the whitest sneaks in the room. How embarrassing. And I was wearing Merrit's socks. And Ollie's hat. I looked so ghetto. But, whatever. As my mom used to say, "It's not a fashion show, Mirsy." LOL
There are a lot of people in the group. From what I can tell, they are divided by interest (track and field, cross country, road running) and skill level (let's just say I am ranked as an amateur, and that's putting it nicely). I was totally impressed at the breadth of skill level and the overall size of the group.
I'll be hooking up with them again on Thursday. They're doing five 1K timed runs. I'm new to all of this, but I'm excited to have connected with a group of people. I just like being with people, even if I don't know them...it's good to get out (away from the kids), be with people, and do something healthy and active.
All in all, a good night. Feels great.

4 comments:
I'm impressed! That sounds like some intense intervals. I'm loving the ghetto outfit....:) You most likely have the group thinking you're a "BAM"(I know you will get that)...not a"BAT".
girl- i am put to SHAME!! i haven't done a thing since you left...and i can tell! leave it to you to go across the ocean and find a great group to workout with!!
oh, and i'm laughing at your mom's quote. she probably said that when you left the house in your rain hat and macaroni necklace...
Whoa! I'm impressed, too. Keep it up, because then you can eat all the crumpets, steak and kidney pie, and Newcastle beer you want.
Oh, the rain hat and macaroni necklace were just the start of it.
And I was lying. It IS a fashion show.
WoW! Impressive, I need to get this booty moving!
Post a Comment