Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lingo

"Mom, would you put my shirt in the laundry so it'll be clean straightaway?"

Straightaway?

Merrit may be the first one of us to start really picking up the accent and verbiage. Since he's spending time away from home every day from 9:00 to half-three, as they say (a.k.a. 3:30) with schoolmates and teachers, he's already pronouncing certain things differently, mostly a's, t's, and r's. I can hear it in words like:

hands (hahnds)
arms (ahms)
sandwich (sahndwich)
scooter (scoo-ah)

Today after school, he wanted to know if I'd make him a cheese toastie. Luckily, I knew what that was!

Grilled cheese. :-)

3 comments:

Jer said...

We're "having a laugh" imagining Merrit pronouncing things differently especially leaving out t's when they're in the middle of a word. Love and miss you guys!

Barbara Pilcher said...

Too cute! I'd like to get my ahrms and hahnds around a cheese toastie myself, maybe whilst you're washing that shirt straightaway, Luv. What's next? Four o'clock tea?

Tina said...

pink overalls....you make me laughhhh!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...