I woke up this morning at 5:00am to the calling of seagulls and noon-day sun. It's hard to roll over and go back to sleep when the day is obviously ready to begin. Is it the latitude that gives us these long, bright days? I don't know, but last night, it was still twilight at 10:30pm. Awesome.
The boys find it hard to go to sleep at their normal 7:30pm bedtimes, too, since it's so bright outside. (Don't worry, we don't cave! We say, "March your little behind BACK up those steps, mister, or you're going to be in BIG trouble." LOL.) I think Merrit fares okay, but Ollie is pooped by lunchtime. Today he was even more pooped than normal because we'd spent the whole morning swimming at the indoor pool near our house.
And now, have a laugh at Ollie's expense...
2 comments:
awe, he's adorable - I think I need to eat more pb&j so that I can nap, too!
Just found your blog and glad you're enjoying life over here.
During June it gets light at 03.50am and will still be full daylight at 10.30pm. A lot of people have blackout blinds for their kid's bedrooms. You can get some cheaply from somewhere like Argos if you find you need them.
Post a Comment