Merrit made breakfast for us. Toast covered with guacamole or hummus (your choice), sprouts, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, and a sprinkle of paprika.
| I wasn't quick enough with the camera...someone bit into this one already! |
We stopped by the library, which is next door to the school, to turn in some books. We headed up to the dry cleaners to drop off some of Mike's shirts to be pressed; on the way, we dropped a letter in the red postbox.
Look, the milk truck! He stopped three times as we walked along the sidewalk...we'd pass him, he'd pass us, we'd pass him, he'd pass us. He delivered to the real estate office, the breakfast/coffee shop, and the key cutter's shop.
Window washers, hard at work making everything sparkle and shine.
Ollie and I arrived at St. Paul's Church in Whitley Bay, where we have signed up to take toddler French lessons once a week for the next 10 weeks. We visited once before spring break, and today was our official first day!
After French class, we went across the street with some of the moms and kids to the Costa coffee house.
"Double latte please! And a carrot, apple, and sultana muffin for the lad." LOL. I really didn't say that. But the muffin did have carrots, apples, and sultanas in it. :-)
Ollie scoping out the sweets.
Love the coffee house atmosphere. Warm, cozy. Chatty, casual. Fragrant, friendly.
Love my dates with Ollie. After he snarfed down his muffin, he played with the other kids from French class in the hallway of this indoor shopping center where the Costa is.
Fast forward a few hours. Walk home. Lunch time. Ollie entertaining himself while I do laundry and clean the kitchen.
At 1:45pm, we like to tune into Mr. Tumble on Ollie's favorite BBC Kids show, Something Special. He uses sign language throughout each show, and teaches some specific signs that have to do with that show's theme. Today's show taught the signs for "knife," "cherries," and "teacher" since the kids, who all have disabilities, made a dessert to share with their teacher.
![]() |
| Photo from www.bbc.co.uk |
At 3:30pm, we went down to pick up Merrit. All the parents walk into the school yard and wait until the teachers bring the students out by class. I much prefer this to a carpool lane, I must say! Ah, here's the little scholar now...
On our walk home, we said hello to this cute Calico cat through the gate to his front yard. Both boys miss Skippy and Jenga and are keen to pet and love on any outdoor cat we come across sunning on a brick wall or concrete walk.
The day had gotten warm and sunny since this morning. Merrit really didn't need to wear his coat by the afternoon, but this morning he did. Here he is on our walk home, carrying his satchel like such a little man.
After school, we had snacks, did some chores, the boys rough housed, I started dinner. And then DADDY GOT HOME...the highlight of every day!!
Signing off....


4 comments:
It all sounds so glamorous when it's taking place in Europe!
This reads like a Richard Scarry book. I half expected you to run into Lowly Worm.
Haha! Richard Scarry! Wow, blast from the past. Lowly worm! LOL, LOL. Mom, you are sooo funny!!
What a beautiful day. I love to hear that you are savoring these moments...
Post a Comment