Saturday, August 27, 2011

We Love NC (Newcastle) ;)

A 20-minute ride on the metro puts us in Newcastle's city centre.

Happy travelers. Jer finally borrows a jacket! 

We split up...Mike and Jer took ALL THREE KIDS while Kara and I went
window shopping at H&M and other clothing stores. She bought a cute
hoodie, and we had a nice break from the kiddos.

Here, Mike shows Ollie a whole display case of Driver: San Francisco,
the game he just helped finish! How cool is that?!

We met up with the boys and kids at a pub just across from
Grey's Monument, in the center of Newcastle's Grangier Town. We got
a table on the third story. What a great view.

Though I couldn't quite get used to seeing Merrit leaning against the big
clear window pane. Heebie-jeebies. The kids had fun watching the
double-decker buses go by. Kara and I watched the fashion on the street.

A picture of the Theatre Royal, which is undergoing
some renovations. We really do need to get tickets to see a play here one of these days!

Freakin' awesome Chinese food at a restaurant called Hei Hei.
Their coriander lamb chop appetizer is to die for.

Kara and I headed home on the metro. Mike had a dinner for a friend at work and Jer went with him. We all met up later that night for a date night out on the town. More on that in a separate post...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...